Murals, metal artwork, monoliths and more!
About the Tour
Walk in the footsteps of the emperor Chandragupta Maurya. Marvel at murals and metal artwork that most tourists miss. Listen to the stories that the sculptures tell. Discover inscriptions that record a 2000 year old tradition of voluntarily embracing death. Meander through the streets of a 1000 year old village and take a peek at life in a South Indian Jain village even as you share a simple, traditional, vegetarian home cooked meal with a local Jain family.....we show you a Shravanabelgola you probably haven't seen before!
What to expect
- Travel time to Shravanabelgola is approx 3 hours in an air conditioned vehicle
- South Indian vegetarian breakfast
- Jain vegetarian lunch
- Snacks and water
- Amiable and knowledgeable tour leads!
- Please be aware that the trip will involve climbing up two hills.
- It is a moderate climb. Since footwear is not allowed for religious reasons, we suggest that you carry two pairs of socks.
- We do NOT recommend this trip if you suffer from arthritis or have any other problem walking/climbing.