A Journey to the Beginnings
Badami and its vicinity
About the Tour
A visit to Badami and the surrounding areas – land of cave temples, spectacular sandstone cliffs, fertility goddesses, stunning sculpture and the origins of temple architecture in south India! Our tour will include Badami, Aihole, the World Heritage Site of Pattadakal, and a few more lesser-known places that we will surprise you with!
Take a trek along the ancient pathway from the capital of Chalukyas to their religious site Mahakuta. You may also want to visit pre historic sites such as Sidalapadi caves.
What to expect
- Travel from Bangalore and back in an air conditioned private coach, 9 hours to Badami.
- Local travel by the same coach.
- All meals for two days.
- One night stay in an air-conditioned hotel in Badami. Tour fee is quoted on twin share basis.
- Monument entry tickets included.
- Please be prepared for plenty of walking and climbing on both the days. We would not recommend this trip for you if you suffer from arthritis or have any other problems walking.
- Also, while we make every effort to ensure your comfort, since some of these sites are a little remote, a few of the facilities available on the first day are a little rustic.